Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Kids Owe Me Money

About a week ago my Chocolate Lab, Maia (said My-uh), escaped from my yard. I guess she wanted to go play at the park because a Davis County Sheriff found her swimming at Jensen Pond here in Syracuse. She was arrested and sent to the Davis County Dog Jail.

I was in Murray at the time with my neice Haley and my mom because it was Haley's first day of kindergarten. Right when I got home the Davis County Dog Jail called me and let me know my dog was "under arrested" as Kael says.

I thought at the time that maybe this naughty neighbor kid opened my gate to play in my backyard and didn't close it, but then after a little investigation came to know that Devon and Kael had left it open.

So my kids owe me $56 each. They're not too happy about it. They are working for me to pay me back. Devon is currently mowing the lawn and Kael is washing baseboards. They have mopped all the hard floors in my house, vacuumed, dusted, put away laundry, washed dishes and pulled some weeds. I think they are going to learn how to sort, wash, dry and fold laundry, wash the bathroom, clean the fridge, wash my van, vacuum my van, wash windows in my van, dust my van and repeat all that for Pete's car.

Ahh...this is the cushiest (is that even a word) Saturday I've ever had! I only had 1 haircut and a facial wax today in the salon. I think I'm going to make time to do my own nails and maybe rent a movie to watch with my husband while my kids do all my chores!

No comments: