Thursday, September 4, 2008

I have a blog!

So when I first heard of "blogs" I thought, "That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of!"

Then I started seeing these cute blogs of friends of mine.

Then I started reading these cute blogs.

Then I started wanting one of these cute blogs.

I mean, isn't a blog like those Christmas letters I mail out with Christmas cards every year? Only this way I don't have to try and fit everything on a tiny piece of paper. Oh yeah, and I don't have to mail it! Yep, last years Christmas cards are done, CUTE and sitting on my scrapbooking table. Peter sighs almost every time he passes them. A lot of good they'll do me now...9 months later!

And isn't a blog like a journal? Some advice my mother-in-law gave me when she lived with us was, "Keep a journal." I've had journals before. In fact I have one now. I haven't written in it for like 4 or 5 years. And even then it was pretty much just my take on current events in the news. Keeping a calendar with all of our family events and scrapbooking is like a journal, right? I didn't think so either.

Enter my blog! The sweet answer to my problems! Not all my problems, mind you... but an answer all the same!

No comments: