Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Crazy Week!

Oh man! What a week!

Sunday we went to mass as usual, and after they had the ground breaking ceremony for the new education center that is being added to the church building. It was pretty fun! We got some cute pictures of our family helping break the ground.

Monday was the first night of CCD (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's like Catholic Sunday school/bible study for kids). I'm insane, and now I know it! Why? Because I'm teaching 1st graders from 5:30-6:30 and 6th graders from 7:00-8:00. I'm in WAY over my head! I think 1st grade went well. I taught kindergarten last year, so I have a lot of the same kids. It was pretty fun! Enter 6th grade. Of course my son was the one that had to be sent to the hall. Part because he was showing off. No, it was all because he was showing off. It seemed to me the more I tried to ingore him the more out of hand the whole class was getting. So I "made an example out of him." I tried to prepare for my 6th class, but the more I read my teacher's manual the more I got confused. I think the kids sensed that too because I felt like they were testing me, much like the Raptors on Jurassic Park test the electric fence--FOR WEAKNESS. I know that any second now they're going to attack me and eat me alive! It's kind of a scarry feeling!

Tuesday I started a walking routine with one of my friends that lives near me. We walked for a hour in the morning. I ran a half marathon in May and really haven't done much training since. We made it maybe 3 miles in an hour. I was pretty bummed about that. Maybe I'll run at night after CCD. Heaven knows I'm going to need some kind of "down" on Monday nights.

Wednesday I started Tiger Cub Scouts with Kael. Some how I was talked into being the leader for that too. I think Pete volunteered me for that, because the Cub Master was talking about how the den usually needs a leader but this year they have one already. Then he looked at me and said, "Right?" I said, "I think Pete said he'll do it when he gets done with Webelos." and he said to me, "Well, we need someone to fill out the leader application. So I'll let you do it." And so I said...nothing. I went along with it. Ugh. I thought it was fun, and I enjoyed it, but why do I let myself get so dang busy??

Today is Thursday and I told Pete that I would go to RCIA with him. RCIA is classes for adults who are interested in joining/learning more about the Catholic faith. I guess if you haven't received all of your sacraments you go to RCIA too. Pete wants me to go with him every Thursday, so he is talking about hiring a babysitter every week.

Oh yeah, and Kael is home sick today. I'm supposed to go volunteer at Syracuse Arts Academy in the lunchroom today. Don't know what kind of miracle I'm going to have to perform to make that happen. But, I have done well with this crazy week so far...what's one more thing. Right?

No comments: